Shezad Nawab is a unique individual who, from an early age, displayed unlimited enthusiasm, passion and a flair for business, despite being profoundly deaf.
Born in Birmingham UK, Shezad took his initial inspiration from his enterprising father who owned; a large and thriving branch of the Post Office, a busy supermarket and some commercial and residential properties.
Shezad says of his father:
"I remember asking my father how to make my fortune. He told me that before you take your first step in building your business, you need to invest time and money in creating strong foundations".
He has been actively involved in supporting a number of new business and start-ups over the last 15 years, as well working with SME's to help them to grow their businesses.
Shezad has received a number of prestigious awards, including;
- Alumna of the Year 2017 in the field of Enterprise and Innovation.
- Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the New Year 2017 Honours list for services to business and diversity.
- Shortlisted of Young Achiever of the Year, 2016.
- Listed in the top 10 Most Influential Disabled People in Business, 2014.
- Business Initiative Award, 2011.
- Young Entrepreneur Award, 2011.
- Innovation Voucher Winner, 2010.
Shezad has formerly been a member of the Institute of Directors, and is today a member of the highly regarded E2Exchange panel.
Shezad has demonstrated his commitment to the community by constantly promoting entrepreneurship and business success.
His main passion is entrepreneurship in the UK, Europe, and the International markets.